Exawatt’s market analysis includes silicon carbide (SiC) device and module price tracking, and extensive tracking and analysis of the SiC supply chain
Exawatt applies these insights to end markets through detailed core technology analysis and demand forecasts, incorporating a broader understanding of the industry through our adjacent research into the automotive and energy storage markets and related technologies (including lithium-ion batteries and electric vehicles).
Our market analysis and forecasting covers the following:
- Evaluation of the opportunity for SiC in electric vehicles (EVs)
- Analysis of the drivers of widespread SiC adoption
- SiC demand forecasts (from substrate to device and module, and evaluation of end market demand)
- Analysis of competitor technologies, including gallium nitride (GaN)
- A comprehensive global EV market outlook that includes EV forecasts and supply-chain tracking for Europe, China, US, UK and RoW
- Tracking and analysis of the SiC supply chain, covering substrate production, wafering, epitaxial deposition, die, device and module, and systems, along with significant industry players and investments
Meet the power electronics team
Adam DawsonHead of Power Electronics
Adam DawsonAdam is responsible for Exawatt’s silicon carbide and power electronics analysis. He has an MSci in Mathematics from the University of Bristol. Adam has applied his interest in mathematical modelling and physics to power semiconductors and power electronics systems.
Bex StoneResearch Analyst (Power electronics)
Bex StoneRebecca provides Exawatt’s power electronics team with monitoring and analysis of the SiC supply chain, combining her research skills and an eye for detail to expand our knowledge of the power electronics industry while maintaining high editorial standards. She has degree in History from the University of Birmingham.
Steve Lambert, Head of Electrification, McLaren Applied
“If you are interested in how the market for power electronics will grow, particularly in automotive, then I would highly recommend the work done by Exawatt. Exawatt’s market intelligence and forecasting has been invaluable for helping shape our strategy for developing and taking to market McLaren Applied’s class-leading power electronics-based products. The team is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and great to work with.”
Rae Hyndman, Managing Director at Clas-SiC Wafer Fab
“The market reports produced by Exawatt for the ESCAPE project have been invaluable to Clas-SiC Wafer Fab, providing us with up-to-date information on the silicon carbide supply chain, market trends and forecasts. Exawatt is very knowledgeable in the area of power electronics and the team is great to work with.”